English Foundation Year
The English Foundation Year is specifically designed to help students succeed in their English-oriented academic and professional endeavors. The program will not only help you improve your English language skills to the required level but will also give you the academic skills you need to succeed in your higher education.
The English Foundation Year program seeks at providing students with the opportunity to refine their English skills in listening, speaking, reading, and writing while exploring a range of topics that introduce them to university level study.
The program is ideal if you need a little more support after further education or if you are returning to education after a gap.
Methods of Teaching
- Holistic Teaching: We address and involve the whole personality on the cognitive, emotional and practical levels.
- Constructivist Teaching: Individuals shape their own knowledge, skills and competencies through participation and interactions and based on their prior knowledge.
- Horizontal Teaching: We offer a space where you can learn from each other through participatory methods on an eye-to-eye level.
Training Duration: 7 to 9 months/1020 hours of training.
Divided between Guided learning hours and independent learning hours.
Communication, culture and society:
- Acquiring efficient communicative and receptive skills and competencies
- Focusing equally on accuracy and fluency
- Keeping the learners motivated and challenged
- Coaching on self-branding accurately and creatively
- Helping conduct successful job interviews
- Introducing the concept of Work Ethics
- Helping students gain theoretical and practical knowledge of potentially successful IELTS candidates
- Stressing the format as well as the linguistic skills required to pass the IELTS exam
- Preparing students for the different sections they will encounter sitting for the IELTS exam
- Providing a strong grammatical and vocabulary basis for the students below B2 level
Students will gain knowledge, skills, and experience to:
- Media in Society: Explore media concepts
- Reading media texts: Explore language in media texts
- Media Production: Explore media conventions and technology to create media
- Communicate with others in practical, business‐oriented situations
- Express themselves in English with greater fluency, accuracy, and confidence
- Improve their abilities to execute business-related tasks
Back to school
October Intake – January Intake